Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:34:38 -0500
Well, I've made a huge mistake in my quest to get a ferret.  I fell in love
with one little baby at the pet store, but I'm not going to be able to
afford him for another few weeks.  By then I'm sure he'll be gone.  He
loves, me, though.  Whenever anyone else tries to get him out of the cage,
he becomes a ferret speed bump and won't be held...when I walk to the back
of the store where the cage is, he starts hopping and trying to slither
out.  (Yesterday I snuck him a few Cheerios...don't worry, not so many that
I spoiled his appetite for his ferret food.) A new clerk was at the store
(not knowing that I come in every other day), and he thought I was going to
buy BabyFerret, and he put him in a carrier for me and everything, and then
I had to explain that I couldn't get my baby that day.  Poor little
BabyFerret started whimpering when I had to take him back to his cage and
explain that he couldn't come home with me.  :-( He's so sweet and cute, I
know someone else will get him before I can.  The pet store can't save a
particular animal, although one clerk is sort of covertly urging customers
to bypass that particular BabyFerret.  *sigh*

I also bought a cage, a big cage, a used cage.  It was really expensive
($90), but it's *huge*.  The funny thing is, it's still at the pet store.
When I carried it out to my car, I discovered that it doesn't FIT!!  The
pet store guy tried, I tried, total strangers tried, but it just was not
happening!  Maybe I can go back and explain the situation to the clerks
today and they'll let me switch it out for a slightly smaller one!

-Meghan
(with dooks from the ferret I need but will not have)