From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:16:12 -0400
About a month ago I posted need to place a ferret where a FED-X delivery
driver had rescued a ferret but needed to find a home for it.  Several
people responded but I did not have the phone number or address of the
FED-X driver.  Then a hurricane came by and devastated not only this area
but my home suffered huge damage.  (Ferts here were fine)  I did see the
FED-X driver going down the road but was standing in a very long and slow
gas line to get fuel for my generator and couldn't leave my spot to flag
the driver down.

A few days later I did manage to flag down that driver and get her phone
number.  Phew!  But then we had a huge tornado come by and tear up what
the hurricane didn't get.  (Waiting for the earth quake, lava eruption,
and Tsunami.  We had the 5 year drought and then massive floods earlier
this year.....)

Ok, I got the phone number and we made contact fine.  Then to get the
people who responded in contact with the FED-X driver, and I did get in
contact with 3 people.  Two were very anxious to take the fert, one in
Baltimore and another in VA Beach.  Baltimore is such a distance and was
difficult to make arrangements for the transfer so Va Beach seemed the
easiest for all.

The FED-X driver made contact with a person there and after a couple
weeks was able to arrange a time and place to meet.  Was to meet at the
person's home to deliver the fert.  When the driver got to the home, the
person was not there but a relative was and let them in.  They had other
animals there and none were kept in any kind of clean environment.  The
several ferts living there were in totally filthy conditions and unkempt.
The FED-X driver thought better of all this and left taking the rescue
with her back here to Richmond.

I am so glad care is being taken to be sure the fert goes to a decent
home.  So for now the FED-X Ferret is still in need of a home.  People
who can take care of this ferret in a civil and reasonable manner can
contact me for data.

Thank you FED-X !  They sure do deliver !

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo.
Remembering Podo, Bud and Nibble-ed