Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:50:39 -0400
I had a cooked whole chicken, and when I was done with it, I decided
to offer it to Rocky to see if he wanted to nibble on it.  It had some
bits of meat, lots of skin and mostly bone left.  (The last time I made
chicken soup for myself, I gave Rocky a bone and was surprised and
delighted that he ate it.  At first he took it and just put it in his
tube, but eventually ate the whole thing.)

So I put the entire chicken carcass in it's plastic dish on the floor.
Rocky came over and bit down on the highest part and took it out of
the dish and onto the floor.  Then he picked up the entire carcass and
started to run, holding his head high and not dragging it, toward a
hidey-hole.  I laughed so hard at the sight!!!  The thing was bigger
than he is.  It's one of the funniest things he's ever done in the 3 yrs.
he's been with me.  Luckily, I grabbed him before he got to the
hidey-hole.  That's all I need under my futon sofa, way back behind all
the other stuff where I can't easily reach--AN ENTIRE ROTTING CHICKEN
CARCASS!

BTW, I did give him a smaller chunk of it, which he immediately took to a
more convenient (for me) hidey hole, where he is also keeping his newest
bone.  He better eat some of it soon (you know how they'll take something
they don't like and put it in the hidey-hole anyway).  As it is, I have
all sorts of urban vermin invading my apartment.

Who but ferret lovers would allow chicken parts in the corner of their
living room?!!

Shron & Rocky