From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:29:17 EST
[Moderator's note: I think it's clear we've moved away from the topic
of feeding when we start getting posts like the one below which are
closer to a personal attack than a discussion about feeding. It's also
clear the postings have slowed down. If anyone has polite last words,
please post them tomorrow or hold them until next time the topic is
allowed. Tommorrow's FML will be the end of the raw food debates for
a while. BIG]

Kim wrote...
>I've never taken in a child's pet under the guise of adoption
>then served it to my ferrets

I noticed that you were very careful to say "under the guise of
adoption". So I will re-phrase the question..... Do you take pets that
have been advertised for free or for a nominal fee to feed to your
ferrets?

Kim wrote.....
>Does Nancy owe an apology? Apologies aren't banked - neither owed,
>nor paid; apologies are freely offered."

I disagree completely....apologies are definitely owed when someone
falsely accuses someone of doing something or when someone hurts
someone intentionally or unintentionally, when someone ruins something
they borrowed, etc, etc, etc....it is common courtesy. I don't think
the person that hurt you years ago ever apologized to you. Sad...I
think the little girl in you needs an apology from someone in your
past.

Several people have written to me privately...people who don't want to
post publically out of fear of getting blasted by you. You want us to
accept your way of feeding and try badgering us into doing so quite
regularly on this list without any proof that it makes a damn bit of
difference. You boast about gorgeous fur but all of us on here have
ferrets with gorgeous fur. You talk about healthy ferrets but refuse to
believe people when they tell you of their own kibble eating healthy
ferrets that have lived longer than any of your ferrets.

The bottom line here is that people are sickened by the fact that you
obviously ENJOY feeding live prey to your ferrets. I truly believe
that you have found a way to fulfill your sick needs by owning ferrets.
People eat meat but do not kill animals and people that feed animals to
animals do so AFTER they are dead...pre-killed or bought from a store
or in the form of kibble. People on this list have described to me
how you post photos of live prey being torn apart by your ferrets.
You actually set up what looks like a miniature dog fighting arena
including splash boards to contain the blood. ONLY people that enjoy
seeing fear and terror in another creatures eyes would do that. I feel
sad for you and haven't figured out why you enjoy death. Childhood
trauma? Born with no soul? Whatever it is......it is terribly sad
because not only you suffer but others around you suffer including
defenseless creatures.

People on this list are not close-minded about other feeding
possibilities...they just don't like being harrassed about it. Most
people admittedly skip your posts because they have tender hearts
toward any and all animals and are quite frankly tired of your
rantings and ravings.

Nancy, wondering WHY she is even responding because Kim is so
close-minded and so unaccepting of anyone else's way of doing things
and so DEMANDING that we not be close-minded to her way of doing
things.....oh crap....didn't I say I was DONE with responding....yup I
did.....but you Kim, I just wanted you to know that I continue to reply
because I recognize someone in pain and I do hope you get some help
with your emotional pain before putting others through more pain
because of it. And yes I send a hug to you because I sense the hugs
you got in the past were not the good kind.