From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:29:12 +0800
>I would love to breed them myself to try to discourage purchasing through
>pet stores.  If anyone has information on breeding, please post or email
>me directly.  I live in Baltimore County, Maryland, and there are a few
>stores in my area that sell ferrets.

I suggest that you research breeders in your area.  There are several
ferret breeders out East.  Most of them have been breeding for years and
are highly reputable.  Go to a local show and talk to some of them.  Go to
a show and show some of your existing ferrets.  That way you will get an
idea of what you want to breed for.  You will also have to find out what
your market will be - can you sell all the kits to private owners (not pet
shops)?  What if you can't?

>There a lot of other reasons why I would like to breed ferrets.

Just make sure they are the *right* reasons.  Maybe starting a shelter
would be better?  That would support purchasing thru a shelter than from
a pet store.

Amy Flemming
Perth, Western Australia
http://www.flemmingfarms.com