From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 14:49:13 +0100
Fleas

BIG mentioned Frontline in his note attached to Ginny Kerr's posting re
advantage vs program/ecto-foam.

I have been using Frontline on my gang since November last year, Bedford &
Liverpool Ferret Welfares also use it for flea and tick control.  One of
the leading vets in the treatment of ferrets in the UK is trying to get it
licenced for ferrets over here - he has been in contact with the
manufacturers of the drug and neither they or he have found any substance
contained in the makeup of the drug which is harmful to ferrets.

We all (the Welfares) find that it is economical to use as protection from
one application of the spray lasts around 2 months on ferrets.  A small
bottle costs approx 10 pounds over here; I now have 16 ferrets and still
have some left in the first bottle I bought last year!

The ferrets don't object too much to the application of the spray (I
generally just apply it to the back of the neck and down the spine of my
ferrets), the struggling bit comes when the stuff is rubbed in, at least it
is easier than using an aerosol - just read the instructions carefully.  As
in the USA Frontline is only available here through vets.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & Newsletter Editor of the
National Ferret Welfare Society of the UK
The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily those of the NFWS