From:
Sarah Nothelfer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 04:00:49 -0500
Hi.  I'm hoping someone can help me with my ferret, Sidney.  On Thursday
night, he started pawing at his mouth.  I was very worried.  He did this
for almost an hour.  He was agitated but would calm down when I held him.
His tummy was making some noise and he had a lot of thick saliva around
his mouth, too.  I gave him a big dose of petromalt and then he was fine.
He didn't seem to have any other signs that would point to insulinoma
(dazed look, trouble walking).  He was fine all night and I thought he
was ok.  Then tonight, he started doing it again.  I gave him more
petromalt and again he stopped after just a bit.  I plan on talking to
my vet about this but I wondered if anyone had any experience with this
behavior.  Could it be just a hairball or could it possibly be something
with his stomach?  Also, can someone please post how to join the ferret
health mailing list?  I tried searching the archives here but the page
doesn't work.  Thanks much.

Sarah

[Moderator's note: Archive page seems ok on this end -- which link were
you trying to access, please?

For info about Ferret Health List see:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/ferrethealth              BIG]