From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:34:16 -0500
After I read yesterday's post from Kim Fox about legislation regarding
the banning of ferrets in Maryland, I called Senator Ida Ruben's office
and asked them to research this for me.  The only legislation they could
find was the Ferret Protection Act (HB 1292) - and could find nothing on
legislation to ban ferrets in Maryland.  All of the legislation for this
session in Annapolis has been introduced and is listed at:

http://mlis.state.md.us/2006rs/subjects/animals.htm

This session's legislation goes through December 2006 - so it appears
that there is no current pending legislation to ban ferrets.

Kim, where did you hear this and do you have any additional information
that could help us in the search to find out what this is all about?

Lisa