From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:11:36 -0500
Dooks to everyone, and to all who ve lost their babies our sincere
condolences, prayers and good luck to all with sick ones.

I have to tell you all this.  I told you the other day about adopting the
two 10.5-month-old kittens from work.  Well, we brought Domino (black/
white) and A.T. (white/tabby spots) home.  Of course these two guys are
big and the kid almost falls over when she sees them.  They ve never been
socialized with outside their cages and we didn t bring the three fur kids
downstairs to early-as big as these two guys are, and never having seen
other animals I wasn t taking a chance right off the bat.  So, I had to run
to town and got back and the SO & daughter still haven t brought them down.
Up I go, out comes Socks, Misty, and Alix and down the stairs we go.

Well, A.T. is fascinated-he s following them around, sniffing them, they
turn around check him out.  Domino is in hiding (still working on getting
him out more) but suddenly I look over and under the table sits Domino.  I
took a harder look, and Misty had crawled up his back, had her head halfway
into his ear inspecting him (I don t know what she was looking for, maybe
raisins).  Socks was in front of him checking out his chin.  Domino was
sitting like a statue-absolutely mesmerized!  Misty and Socks got done with
the inspection and left him alone, and he sat and watched them.  Later I
heard a cat make a funny noise and Sara s going Socks is picking on A.T.!
We told her just to leave them alone, they have to get used to each other.
Socks would sneak up behind A.T.  and just nip him, and then A.T. would
make a noise and run.  Socks had a really good game going there for a while
till he got tired of it, and A.T.  didn t seem to mind it either.  Domino
now will go to the top of the stairs and listen to the rest of the Crew
play.  I put him over the barricade today to see them, and Conan came
bopping around the corner.  When Conan saw Domino he just stopped in his
tracks!  It was so funny-he knew this wasn t one of the regular group and
it puzzled him.  Domino, being so shy took off, and the speed he did it
spooked Conan, so he went the other way.  Gotta work on that boy s social
skills some more!  So the integration of new kittens/cats went exceedingly
well with the ferrets, but is still ongoing.  Chewie & Sarabi are leaving
the two new boys fairly well alone, now if I could just get Tigger, the cat
who thinks he s a ferret, to get along with them

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup