From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:05:53 -0500
Kim:

I was wondering what exactly you mean when you say you have been able
to control insulinoma by more protein in the diet. Did the blood sugar
values change? Or did they still remain low but that the attacks
ceased?

The reason I am interested is that one of my ferrets never ever showed
any symptoms or ever had any attacks. On a routine blood test we found
his blood sugar to be very low and even retested several times again to
make sure it was not just a fluke.

He was an older ferret I adopted from a shelter almost three years ago
and shortly after I got him, I started feeding him and my others only
homemade soup [ground up turkey, rabbit, bones and organs, eggs with
shells]. They got this several times a day. Just makes me wonder if
that is why he never had symptoms and if a ferret has no outward
symptoms but still has low blood sugar, is it okay not to give pred?

Inge