Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:19:47 EST
There was a shelter operator in Illinois who ran a shelter for over a
year that I know of with pain in her foot from a possible spur.  Every
step she took caused her pain.

She could not take the time for surgery or stay off of her feet.  There
are many others who have been in terrible chronic pain who are trying to
hold things together minute to minute many days of their lives.  Some
contemplated suicide.  Some have lost their spouse because they were so
often bed ridden.

Caring for these little ones-our ferrets- is literally THE key factor
that kept some from giving up and deciding to FOREVER escape the deep
depression, increasing chronic pain, and financial worries that go along
with the exhaustion of living with pain and/or fatigue with every breath
or step for years.

I attend a number of seminars, and the one yesterday was all about this
subject.  It was very helpful..  There are numerous references.  I would
need a few weeks to duplicate the pages of info and references and ship
them out.  But it will help you better care for yourself, and help you to
feel better---and get better---for the sake of yourselves, and the tiny
lives you care for and love so very much.

I will make copies for the first 20 people that E-mail me that are
suffereing from chronic fatigue or pain, or know someone who needs help,
and is not getting it from the physician... This is the most useful
seminar on this subject that I have ever been to.

I Just want to give back to the thoughtful people who were there for me
over the years.  I could never thank you all enough for all of the
support and love I have received here on the FML.

*this is not selling a product of any kind.  This was a professional
continuing education seminar for physicians, nurses, and therapists.*

Lisette