Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:57:41 -0800
The talk about ISO reminded me of our ferret Isabella, RIP

She was a tiny thing, a AC night box drop in February. I was called
to pick her and another ferret up when they opened as the two were so
cold and had a *skin condition*, meaning they were both bald.

Isabella was a sweet lady, very refined and easy going.

When my vet went to do a blood draw before surgery was scheduled,
Isabella let out a blood curdling scream that was heard throughout the
clinic. Surprised everyone. We then had to give a little ISO to get a
good draw.

From that day on, just walking through the door of the clinic started
her gagging and pawing at her mouth.

In her last days my vet and her techs made every effort to keep her as
far from the smell of ISO as was possible.

She was my first experience with the tummy injection euthanasia, for
her it was perfect.

Ardith
missing them all