From:
"Laura D. Ginter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:49:27 -0700
I have a question and am hoping that someone out there can help me.  I am in
desperate need of sleep, have no patience left, and no ideas left.  Almost
two years ago I bought my first ferret Abu (an albino).  Four months after
getting Abu, I found a ferret in a pet store where the owners hated ferrets
and were beating one literally to death.  After much discussion from people
through the Ferret Digest, I decided to adopt Zazu.  All has been going well
until about three weeks ago when my friend asked me to ferret sit his two
ferrets (whom have been over here multiple times and have stayed with me
for a couple weeks at a time before).  The problem has come in where Abu
will now lay on top of Zazu and chew on her ear until she cries.  She does
not fight back and he will hiss at her if she tries to move.  He does this
while she is eating, sleeping, drinking, etc.  I don't know if this is a
form of play or what.  I tried putting vinegar on her neck and it works
every-once-in-a-while, but the rest of the time, I feel helpless.  Abu is
not being "bad" about anything else and this isn't even constant.  I just
don't know what to do.  I notice it more at night because that is when we
are constantly in the same room.

Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening?  Zazu has been fixed
and so has Abu, so that shouldn't be the problem (if so, then something
is wrong:-)  Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you,
Laura
Abu - oops, I'm in trouble again;-(
Zazu - "mom, make him quit PLEASE!"
Trixie - "I'm just visiting and staying out of this one"
Rifiki - "Did somebody say PLAY!!!!!"