From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:48:31 -0800
>From:    Susan Carter <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Advice please
>My nearly three year old neutered male ferret has lost a lot of weight. He
>also has a bare patch above his left arm.
 [...]
>Tally has lost a lot of weight but still seems very active although he
>occasionally gets cross.  He's still eating.

Could the hairloss be from Tally chewing on himself?  That would be a prime
spot.  The same thing making him think the chewing is needed could be what
makes him seem more cross.  But not much we can say that would really help
since we got no vets in the house now.

>From:    Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hob Question Please
>From what I know hobs can be more aggressive to other animals.

Your information doesn't match ours.  Jills are usually feistier than the
more mellow hobs.

>Have to say all he wants to do is grab their throats (not necks) and
>drag them.

Thats ferret courting.  Its his equivalent of asking them out to dinner.

>Are there other concerns I would have to be worried about?

If he's whole have him altered.  That is really the only concern beyond
the standard 'new' ferret concerns.

>From:    Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Miniture Ferrets
>They refused to tell me the name of the breeder, the vet or any other
>information.

There is that abomination going on.  We might be able to find out more
about who is doing that (or was at one time)

Neither the ultra early neuter or malnutrition has anything to with our
Rudy since he is actually still whole.  (this week) He arrived at our house
from a breeder dumping all their stock on us while he was a wee kit.  His
siblings were more normal sized as were his parents.

We said this so no one would worry about Rudy or Rocki having been
maltreated.

b&d

--
bill and diane killian