From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2005 15:55:01 -0500
I know that this is kind of late in the argument so-to-speak but I'm
copying my note to the Ferret Store about this issue.  As near as I can
tell from my efforts to catch up with postings (sorry, end of semester,
etc.) no one has yet mentioned how very dangerous it is to feed ferrets
something that can painfully kill them.  The incident I cite is not the
first one in our shelter's history.  To see a previously joyful,
speeding, butt kicking baby now crying piteously and awaiting emergency
surgery makes me want to plant bombs around certain food factories.
Knowing that there are others out there that never get surgical relief
means that I will never turn down someone's pleas for financial help in
such a situation.

I say, let's get together an sue these jerk manufacturers for pain and
suffering as well as for the actual costs of vet care.

Bobbi McC., KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter

To the Ferret Store:

"While I agree that customer education is very important I wonder how you
will let people know that feeding their ferrets anything that includes
dried fruit or vegetables is truly dangerous.

For instance, we just footed the $450 bill for a ferret's emergency
surgery to remove a piece of vegetable matter lodged in the stomach of a
ferret who had been eating Fiesta Ferret food.  The cost to our shelter,
whose budget is less than $9000/year (including the food we buy from you)
was less than it would have been for the average ferret owner because
our vet is very good to us.  This vet bill was still significant and a
necessary expense to save the suffering's ferret's life.

My question remains, how will you help your customers understand the very
serious, and painful, consequences of feeding these dangerous things to
ferrets?

Dr. Bobbi McCanse, RN, Directress
KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter