From:
Ulrike Hassold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:03:18 +0100
Hi there

Eggs yolks can be fed raw but not the egg white unless it's cooked.
There's something in the egg white that destroys Biotin.  If you feed a
lot of whole raw eggs, the ferret could get a Biotin deficiency.  Don't
know if it makes the ferret anaemic, I think it causes hair loss.  I'm a
bit forgetful but know you should only feed raw egg yolks or cook/ boil
the egg.

Ulrike
and fur kids Jilly, Jack, Igor, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno,
Rose, Hope and Jasmine

      Missing Angel
      West Wales Ferret Welfare
      Treasurer of The National Ferret Welfare Society
      National Ferret Welfare Society area co-ordinator for West Wales
      http://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk/