From:
Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1993 14:20:19 -0400
Jodi

Hi!  I have the same problem with TAZ as you are having with Leopold
biting.  Taz is almost 3 months old now and I got him when he was around
9 weeks old.  He has gotten a little better about the biting.  The only
time he really hurts is when your sitting on the edge of a chair and he
jumps up and nips the inside of your thigh.  Hurts quite a bit.  He does
still sort of chew on you when you pick him up.  He reminds me of a
chicken because of the way he lunges his head back and forth chewing,
licking, and sniffing.

Is Leopold neutered?  Taz isn't yet and I thought maybe he would calm
down a bit and behave once he is.

I have disciplined him a lot.  I always feel really bad for thumping him
on the nose because he cringes so when you rear back, but you can't let
them get away with things like biting.  I always love him afterward and
he will kiss me.  So, I feel like he doesn't really hold it against me
that much.

Good Luck

Marie, Oshi, Loki-mon, and TAZ-man