Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:44:33 -0400
Thanks to all who replied with ideas for ferret-proofing a bed.  Most
suggested paneling, plywood, or fitted sheets.  Chance won't appreciate the
advice, but I sure do.  Today we found him with a piece of rubber while
contained in the bathroom.  I finally located the source.  I had washed my
anole's tank out and this rubber piece is on the bottom of the tank because
there is a heat mat attached, and you stick these little rubber things to
rest the tank on a table to give space for the mat attached to the bottom.
This one must have fallen off.  Leave it to Chance to find it.  He has a
rubber fetish.  He has fortunately never ingested any, but he likes to chew
on it.  I bought him one of those ferret kong toys but he just stashes it.
He prefers my cell phone buttons, portable phones, and remotes.  He is the
most difficult ferret I've had when it comes to ferret proofing.

Happy Easter to all.

Moxie and Chance