From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:54:47 -0400
Harry wrote:
>I have been recieving all kinds of spam mail again from a person
>called Danielle Wexler who claims to have written a book on ferret
>care.  I have seen this same book offered by a few others also
>claming that it was written by them.
>
>This e-book sells for around $50.00 and is nothing but an e-mail
>scam the information in the book is about 99% misinformation.

I found one place that rates it and from your description they were
generous.  It got 2 stars out of 5, so "unacceptable" rather than
"totally unacceptable", and the price was almost halved though if a
person were to go by the rating as a percentage of useful content
it should cost below half price:
http://www.e-library.us/search.php?aut=Danielle%20Wexler

Must be for that 1% you mention, and it does NOT sound like a bargain
at that price, either, to me from your description and the ads', spams',
and letters' claims -- some of which are downright overboard.  Let's
see, 1% of $50 is what?  50 cents, right...

Speaking of the other links including it:
Hmmm,
http://www.daysurf.com/web-links-a/29276-Index-page-for-Defrauding-
America.htm
is one of the links from
http://www.daysurf.com/web-links-a/Amazingferretsecrets.com.htm

If you go there you get asked to go to
http://www.pay-links.com/index.html
for an update on the ferret book site itself
and if you click on the link for the ferret book site you get
(including typo)
>The site you are about to access is in none compliance with pay-links
>listing terms and conditions.  Please return to select a different site.
>
> Site marked for deletion!

This person appeared out of nowhere suddenly claiming expert status.
The name is not in any type of ferret or veterinary reference that I
can find.

Between no one knowing that name, what Harry found, the sorts of come-
ons and claims made, and this additional info, it stinks to me.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org