From:
Tara Elmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:30:42 -0500
Hello!  I'm writing on behalf of my niece who owns a little ferret named
Jynx, and needs your advice.  Jynx is a small female, almost 3 yrs old.
About 6 months ago she began losing her hair and weight.  Her hair lose
is all over- not in up her tail and hind legs (like Adrenal Gland
Disease).  She was taken to the vet who said that nothing was wrong.
Tiff (my niece) began giving her NutriCal, but Jynx has continued to
lose weight.

So off to another vet.  BTW- the vets in this town are excellent, but
I think they are primarily accustomed to dealing with cats, dogs, and
horses.  This vet said he thought it might be AGD, but had to consult
a book.  No blood tests, x-rays, nothing..

My first concern is if anyone might be able to recommend a reputable
ferret vet in the Thomasville, GA/ Tallahassee, FL area.  (My Princess
has a great doctor, but I wouldn't be able to get Jynx up here until next
week and don't want to wait that long or stress her out on a long trip,
etc.)

Secondly has anyone else has experienced a similiar situation?  This
little monster is losing weight, but is the most hyper ferret EVER.  Her
appetite and temperature are normal.  She is fed Sheppard & Greene's
ferret food with NutriCal and FerretTone for treats.  Tiff also cleans
her cage out at least once, if not twice, a day with vinegar and water
(could it be an allergic reaction?) and she gets plenty of play time
outside of her cage.  Her poop is also normal.  Please email me with any
thoughts- [log in to unmask]  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

On a personal note- Sandee, please look in on my little Rickie and Ms. LS
and let them know that their Mommy still misses them!  I'm sure you'll
find them together, conspiring- trying to figure out how to steal treats
and goodies or LS may be sleeping on her back with all 4 feet in the air,
using Rickie as a boy pillow.  Please be sure to rub LS's tummy and
scratch Rickie's back if you can.

Thanks all!
Tara E