From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 10:47:23 -0800
About ferrets in apartments where they aren't allowed: I've had Scooter
over half of the time I've lived in an apartment where the lease
explicitly states NO PETS.  Hell, it explicity states NO about any other
thing you can think of, too.  You have to have special dispensation from
the landlords to breathe.

Fortunately, the landlord leaves us alone most of the time.  I had to
leave the Scootmonster with a friend for a week or so once so they could
come in and look at the water damage caused when the washing machine in
the apartment above us broke, but that's about it.  He's done his share
of damage -- chewed carpet and a corner of the bedroom carpet that
*permanently* smells like weasel urine--nothing gets it out.  I'm just
praying they don't look the place over too carefully when I move out.

Collars- I keep a collar with a bell on Scooter at all times, since it's
the only way I can keep track of him.  Problem is, if the collar is loose
enough to let him breathe, it's loose enough to slip off over his head.
I lose more collars that way . . .

Chris and Scooter
The Alienated Teenage Vandal Weasel
Bellingham, WA