From:
Susie Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 05:13:45 +0000
i agree with BIG.  I, too, was at the symposium and donated money to help
with the rescue...Lisa never stated that the ferrets were living in bad
conditions...yes, she was very upset and there were tears from all of us
in the audience for the ferrets.  Many of us even gave our information to
lisa to take some of the geriatric ferrets to our own homes to care for.
The point I am trying to make here is that when any of us feels
passionately about something our emotions sometimes run away with
us...Lisa was getting second and third-hand information and happened to
be in a room stock full of ferret lovers..what do you expect to happen in
a situation like that?..anyway..instead of bashing anyone that donates so
much to ferrets, lets commend both of these shelter moms for the thankless
job they do for all of these special little furry babies..this is my very
first post ever to the FML although ive read it religiously for a long
time...please dont think im taking sides because I've not visited either
shelter....

BIG, this is for you...you are so awesome..it was sooo great to get to
meet you in person..the FML shirt that was auctioned off the last day of
the symposium was given to me for my birthday (which was the next day!)..i
thought that was such a cool birthday gift..thank you for signing it..i
met some of the neatest people in the world there...Fran, Marsha, Linda,
Marcy, Rick, Candy, Rob and Mary, Meredith and Randy..if you guys are
reading this..i miss you already..you are the neatest bunch of caring and
compassionate people I've ever met...please make sure you stay in touch.

Sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes by writing this, but i thought we were
here for the ferrets.

from Susie Riddle and her fur snakes (Nortie,
Artemus, Millefiscent, Buddy Tingers, Gerret the Ferret, Cabbie, Mimi, and
Zillafur)

[Moderator's note: You trying to embarass me or something?  Thanks for
the kind words.  BIG]