Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 18:13:12 -0500
I HAVE MY BABY!  I GOT HER!!

Thanks to everyone who wrote to me suggesting making a deposit...I had
talked to the pet store, but they kept saying that they can't reserve a
particular animal even with a deposit.  So I was SOL, if you know what I
mean.

Anyway, this morning I got an e-mail from a particular person from the FML
simply informing me to send the name and number of the pet store where my
baby was, and then go pick her up.  In other words, a Fairy Godmother
bought my baby for me so no one else would get her before I could get my
money together, and just took my word that I could pay her back (which I
can't wait to do...late October, I hope!).  At first the pet store manager
wasn't going for it, but our Fairy Godmother (or would it be "Dookmother"?)
convinced him!!!  I HAVE MY BABY!

BabyFerret (thus unnamed...I'm still thinking) is war-dancing and dooking
like nothing else, has already discovered my shoes, has conquered the
Teenie Beanie Babies I left for her, and has gone back to my shoes. :-)
The best moment so far was when I closed her loose in my room so I could
run down and get a water bowl to put under her bottle...when I came up the
stairs, there she was, looking at me!  Turns out she can slither under the
door!  She pouts when I put her in the cage (BTW, I got a slightly smaller
one that fits in my car!!), then falls alseep.  But she's spent most of the
day frolicking in the apartment, especially splashing in her water bowl and
chasing a wind-up car.  How does she just vanish from one spot and
instantaneously appear in across the room without me even seeing?!?!

Y'all won't believe this, but when I got up this morning it was cold and
gray and drizzling...but when I walked out of the pet store with my new
baby dook, the sun came out and the chill in the air became a nice breeze!

I'm so excited!!  Thanks to everyone for keeping my spirits high when I
was sad, and EXTRA SPECIAL DOOK-Y THANKS AND FUZZY FERRET KISSES TO MY
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL FAIRY DOOKMOTHER FOR
MAKING MY DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep everyone posted on my new baby (especially when I name her)!

-Meghan...and...
Thus-Unnamed-BabyFerret (I'm so glad I'm finally home!  Now, where's the
trouble I can get into?!?)