From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 05:48:28 -0400
As far as I know, every single dry food, kibbled, extruded, or whatever, is
exactly the right shape and size to fit snugly across the roof of a ferret's
mouth.  Some ferret, somewhere.  Half the time I think they do it to scare
us.

We've seen fewer incidents with star-shaped kibble like TF and Iams, more
with triangular, round, or pellet-shaped bits, but you name the food, and,
if ever a ferret here has eaten it, a ferret here has gotten in stuck in the
roof of his mouth.  It doesn't seem to be a major issue; they've all managed
to get the food out readily enough, although I'll admit we had minor heart
attacks the first few times.

Although we did have concerns about ZuPreem.  They were kind enough to send
us a food sample, but I remember not liking its ingredient list, so it's
currently sitting while we try to figure out what to do with it.  (Can't
donate it to the local shelter, 'cause that's us.)  It hasn't been out very
long, but we would be interested in testimony from anyone whose ferts have
been eating it since it came out.  I don't remember what our specific
problems were, and I'm too lazy to go get the bag right now; probably just
very few actual meat rather than byproduct ingredients, and ground corn as
filler.  But please read the bag yourself--I honestly don't remember!  Those
are just the most common issues we have with foods.

Jen and the Crazy Business
http://home.maine.rr.com/tesseract