From:
JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:34:11 EDT
The beginning of this post is very similar to the very first post I ever
made.

Just because your ferret has green poops don't assume it's ECE.  There are
several other illnesses which will have very much the same symptoms;
gastroenteritis, helecobactor, proliferative bowel disorder, not to even
mention stress, which can be just as life threatening.  It is believed that
most healthy ferrets have a small amount of the helecobactor bacteria in
their systems and stress can trigger it to multiply thereby causing an
infection.  The stress could very well come from the introduction of a new
ferret.  If you believe that a kit you've purchased has ECE, was it
confirmed by a vet?  Were the other possible medical explanations tested for
and eliminated?  Please remember that ECE is very easily transmitted on
clothing.  A person who was unaware of being exposed to ECE, or how it's
believed to be transmitted, could have easily contaminated any kit in any
given pet store.  For this reason I feel it's premature to assume that the
ECE originated at the breeder.

By the way;
How many ferrets does it take to change a light bulb?  Care to guess??

SP