Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:55:24 -0700
I want to thank all those who have posted and e-mailed me in response to
my question regarding o.p-DDD Mitotane Lysodren.  I had tried to search
for these answers and guess I just wasn't putting in the right info.  But
to all of you who helped me out I do appreciate it, as will my vet.

For those questioning, I have used Lupron with one of my older ferrets
and it did wonders.  A four month "shot" actually lasted 13 months on
Caesar, but the second shot only lasted a month and she died.  I don't
know if maybe it was too much for her, or just because of her age, she
was tired and didn't make it.  It may have had nothing to do with the
Lupron shot.  But the first shot did great and she was so proud of her
new fur coat!  The rest of my ferrets have gone through the surgery,
including a bilateral by Dr. Weiss when he came to Santa Fe a few years
ago.

The reason I was posting this question is because the vet I am trying to
help acquire more knowledge about ferrets asked me about this product.
I didn't know anything about it.  She wanted me to do some searching and
I just wasn't coming up with any answers.  She is more than willing to
learn.  I had taken some information by Jerry Murray, DVM, to her about
Lupron and that is when she asked about this product.  I knew if I put
this question out here, I would get some help and I thank you all very
much.

Hope you all have a great week and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to
everyone.

mjo and the zoo, Lady Star, Sabrina, Sassy Britches, Frosty, Sassy Too,
Rocky, Bear, & Scooch, and the dogs Garth and Darwin.
(R.I.P. Nipper, Lightning, EZ, Cleo, Phantom, Caesar, Frito, Pepper,
Bilbo, Frodo, Topanga, Ragine, Tasha, Phantom II, & Duke)