From:
TODD PREIMESBERGER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 16:11:52 -0800
Hi people.

I just have to share what I saw today.  I'm so furious.  Today I went to
Springfield Mall in Virginia and saw two ferrets in TEN gallon
aquariums(sp?) with pine shavings.  One of those poor fuzzies was trying to
stand up and he kept hitting his head and falling over hitting his head
again on a little ceramic hamster bowl.  I watched him for a moment and
that's all he did.  I asked one of the attendants there if he stops, and he
said not very often, just to sleep.  The poor babies couldn't even stand up.
I nearly cried.  I am so mad because they have always put the ferrets they
sell in a 3 story cage they have there.  BUT, check this out, the cage they
use is now being used as an "advertising cage", basically all sorts of
ferret toys, ferrettrails, and spongie jumpers in there.  I spoke to Wink
the manager and informed him about the hazards of pine shavings and such.
He didn't really care.  (Plus I'm not that intimidating being only 5ft even
and a hundred pounds.) Basically, I convinced him that if anyone presents
him with documentation of they type of hazards these babies living
conditions cause, he'll remendy the situation.  He gave me permission to
refer any information of his business card to anyone who may be of help.
So, here it is...

Herschel's Family Pet Centers
6605 Springfield Mall
Springfield, VA  22150
(703)922-6602

Manager: Wink

President:  Joe Elder
(703)922-6604

Please, please people let's see if we can make a difference just once.
They usually have a constant supply of ferrets and I'd hate for all those
fuzzies to suffer.  Until this situation is resolved, I'll go to bed every
night seing that poor baby beating his head in.  MEAN< MEAN PEOPLE!!

Oh, any advice on any of this situation from vets is very, very much
appreciated.  He said that he would appreciate it too. (Dr. Williams?)

Thanks for listening to my ramblings

Angela