From:
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:15:47 -0400
Robin of Ferret First Shelter in the DC area sent me some coupons for
kibble feed but also some neat other sample food treat items as well
as some toys.

Pester so far had turned her nose up at all the kibble, but that is not
unusual. Just today she has found the kibble she turned her nose up at
is quite good and she is chowing it down big time. She really loves the
toys.

Peekaboo will eat anything I give her. She is just so trusting, some
day will give her a SweeTart candy to see if it wrinkles her lips. Ha!

Robin has done so much for me, such a kind and generous person. If not
for her I would not have these great beasts to play with. As you may
remember, these two were in the SPCA in West Virginia and had been
there about a year. The SPCA needed room and these guys were not being
adopted so they were going to be killed to make room. Robin arranged
for someone to get them and meet her where she bowls. Robin then
brought them to her shelter for a week or so where another person got
them to bring them to Fredericksburg where I drove up to get them.
They have been here ever since.

It took me a bit to find a name for one, Peekaboo was aptly named
almost instantly. She is blind and deaf. She was trying to figure out
her surroundings and would 'periscope' her head up peeking as best she
could to learn what was going on around her. She doesn't do that now
where she has learned what her home is all about.

Pester on the other hand was a trial. And typical fert form she is a
trial all by herself. She pesters the living c**p out of Peekaboo not
leaving her alone for an instant. Have had to break it up at times but
they now get along better, but not a good solid bond. So Pester was the
most appropriate name for her and it stuck.

Peekaboo searches me out where she has deeply bonded to me and Pester
just plays in war dance on claw tips dancing, racing about, and just
being a wild and crazy fert. Being very different is kind of refreshing
and entertaining. I have bonded to each in kind.

Last year was the very worst year I ever had, that includes those years
in the Viet Nam war. I was cut from two jobs, lost a father in law, a
35 year long friend to cancer, RePete, fridge, and worst of all my
mother died after a brief term with Melanoma cancer. That is a brief of
just the worst of what happened. These two animals took the edge off
for me, gave me company and something to take my mind off all the junk
that has happened to me. The empty cage, 6 foot high, 4 feet wide, 2
feet deep with 7 floors and a balcony was just begging for a warm fuzzy
to move in and Robin helped fill that gap. Thank you Robin for all you
have done for me. Is most deeply appreciated. The package was addressed
to Peekaboo and Pester! Ha! And it got here !

Now to go dip those darn things in hot tar and sawdust.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester
(deeply grieving Byte-me and all the others now past)

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia, 23111
USA