From:
Leslie Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:21:45 -0400
Hi FMLer's. I'm hoping to get a general, and updated, consensus about
the Tennessee panel test. First, the cost... I paid an incredible fee
to a vet in Virginia a couple years ago (over $200) to test one ferret
and I was just reading in the ferrethealth.org archives that in January
2010, the U of Tenn charged $65.00 for this test. It could be more now
but still... over $200??? Also a lot of ferret owners seem to think
this test is still a good idea, even though the tell-tale signs of
adrenal disease are pretty clear. Do you agree?... the test should
still be done? If so, for what reason? I now live in another State so
I'd like to be able to go to my new vet with a fair and reasonable cost
for him to charge this sole-household-income gal that has 9 fuzzies, 6
of which I believe to be adrenal. What you have recently paid for the
test would be helpful.

Thanks fellow-fert folks!

Leslie