From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:53:19 -0400
Hey,
I was reading that post about the video of minks and such eating bugs.
I'd like to give some input here.  When I worked at the petsore, I had
free access to crickets.  When I fed the reptiles I would also give the
store cat and the ferrets a cricket each to eat.  They all loved them.
Especially Julliet (my ferret)  She gobbled them down and would beg for
more.  I've tried giving Julliet and Romeo worms and beetles, but they
haven't show much interest in them.  Anyway, I would say crickets are
wonderful treats!  As long as your fuzzy eats them.  Much healthier than
fruit.  So Susie, you can try giving your ferts crickets now.  I did it
first.  =) And it's all good.  Keeping crickets can be easy too so you're
not running to the petstore all the time.  Get a critter keeper and put
either newspaper or wood chips in there with a toilet paper tube or egg
carton and cricket food/water (available at your local petstore) that'll
keep the lil buggers happy until a ferret happily munches them down.
Then everybody's happy, except perhaps the bug.  =)

Have a Great Day!
- Jules