From:
Kim Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:56:34 -0800
My guys love dog food but, I know it has way too much fiber and not enough
fat for ferrets.  Here is what I do.  My guys are free roam but caged at
night.  When they go to beddie bye in their cage I bring out the dog food
for the dogs.  In the morning before I let the little rascals out, I put
the dog food up where they cannot get it.  I leave the cage door open so
the ferts can always get to their food and I put Ferretone on their food.
They will eat it with Ferrettone.  Now don't let the little rascal guilt
you into letting him eat the dog food.  I would also be worried about
fighting the dog for food.  My dogs will nip hard if anyone approaches
their food and that could be dangerous to a fert.

I hope that helps.

Kim the Oregon one