From:
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:13:26 EST
Hello to all,
I wanted to start the new year off right and thought maybe a good way
would be to remember all the ferrets that came to my shelter in need of my
care.These are the ones that my vet and I could not save.  They all have
their own special story, as they were all very special fuzzies.  This poem
was given to me by the wonderful lady that does all my private cremations
for the shelter ferrets, she does not charge me for this and i thank her so
very much.  I believe that these little angels had been through enough in
their lives and deserve a final resting place and to be remembered.  My
friend allows me this luxury by doing this for me for no charge, i do get
to leave her an occasional check at the vet clinic when i can, as she also
does animal rescue and never trys to solicite funds to help with that.
Sherry you are my angel.

This poem has no title or author, it came back to me with the remains of
Sylvie, a ferret that came here very ill, she struggled with a illness that
we really never could diagnois, she fough bravly for 3 months and finally
told me she had to go, i didn't want to let her go but she of course was
smarter and braver that I was at that time.

She has been gone for months now but i say hello to her and her friends
every day as I take care of the ones that are still here with me.

Sylvie this is for you and your friends that left me in 1998, and also to
those who have lost a loved companion this last year:

In memory:
Sylvie, Buddy, Chiquita, Buster, Poncho, T.T., Minnie, Athena, Bump, Rocky,
Paw Paw, Pepsi, Roscoe, Hunter, and Cali my best momma cat.

They say memories are golden,
Well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
A million times i needed you,
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly,
In death i love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
No one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway
And heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

Thnks to all who read this, and please love your fuzzies with all your
heart, hey don't get to be with us nearly long enough.  Sorry for any
errors, i wrote this through tears.

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter
Las Vegas, Nv.