From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 04:25:04 -0400
Yes, they've got their own unique person/ferret-ality.  I have had all
sorts of pets, but the ferrets, they are just more expressive.

Minky Boodle will stand on her hind legs and "beg" for a raisin if she
sees I'm even remotely bear the treat drawer... Kiki is laid back and
sweet.  Enjoys doing her own thing in her own time.

I think of all my pets they most mimic my own personality.  Independant,
opinionated, stubborn, fun-loving, curious and happy-go-lucky.  They have
the independance of the cat, but the attentiveness of the dog.  (more
than the dog actually)  The interact with us more than our other animals
do too.  Their uniqueness just makes them special in a different way.

My cat is special because he's old and I've babied him (and he lets me
baby him- there is no cuddly/babyin' with the ferts... they're WAY too
busy!)and he sheds like mad in the most inconvienant places.  (on purpose
I think...which makes me smile)   The dog is just not smart, which makes
him funny in a pitiful sort of way- therefore loveable...  The ferrets
embody life in it's most exuberant (and sometimes nautghty) form.  Maybe
that's why we get so close to them and feel unbearable loss when they
leave us .  I know that feeling like my ferts mirror my own traits makes
me feel a bit more perceptive and maybe even vulnerable when it comes to
them being sick or unhappy...