Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:37:01 -0400
Hi all!!

It is my opinion.., (and key word here is OPINION) that there is always
three sides to every story.  Their side, The other side - and the truth.
I know that in the past, I have (Lord forgive me) - sometimes told a
story - that was more "polished" than the whole truth actually was, so as
not to have any "bad light" exposed to my beautiful unsunburned skin.  I
think at some point, we all have done something like that.

Now - moving forward, towards dangerous territory, where I am sure the
sharks are swimming, just waiting for a piece of my scorched flesh to
fall into their toothy little mouths......Do I agree with what Jennifer
did?  Who cares?  It wasn't my place then, and it certainly isn't my
place now to say.

Jennifer - on the same thought though - you have to understand how this
"looks" to other people.  Again - remember - we are all DIFFERENT.  The
way you described your situation - and then went on to slam dunk the
shelters - it was, well - a bit difficult for some folks to understand,
much less agree with you on.  When you took Phoebe, you agreed to keep
her.  Now - we all know the reasons that you couldn't, and we do
understand.  But what YOU need to understand - is how the Shelter(s)
see's it.  As in most shelters, they are overworked, unpaid.  It
generally takes a special kind of person to do this for ferrets.  It
takes special kind of people to even be OWNED by ferrets.  Our love
swing - and life swing - is for these delicate little bundles of love.
And we pick our "favorites" - and special ones too.  Maybe Phoebe was a
ferret shelter persons favorite.  Maybe they thought you were her forever
Mom.  It may have been super hard to let her go to you - but they "knew"
that you would give her a forever home.  And then.  Poof.  Phoebe's back.

They listen to your explanation.  They feel your pain.  They sympathize
with you.  But then, a little while down the line - you go back and ask
them for another one......you explain your side, again.  Then they do
what I would do.  I would not let you adopt another fuz zy - until you
could show me you were really ready this time.  You said that Phoebe
needed too much time and had so many medical costs - that you couldn't do
it anymore.  And we all understand that, honest, we do.  BUT Jen, what
you need to remember is that any ferret, be they old, or young - do NOT
COME WITH A HEALTH GUARANTEE.  You need to make sure you can truely
handle another fuzzy, the costs, the time, etc - if this one should get
sick.  It has only been a short time since you relinquished Phoebe back.
What the shelters are going to want to know - is what changed in your
circumstances?  Do you have the money now, and the time?  These are
things that you have to think about - and make sure you are ready for.
Because if your not - and you get a sick kid again - where is that one
gonna go?

I know you want a buddy for your other kid, and your trying to be a good
fuzzy Mom.  I have been in that position too.  Just try to take some
time - to make sure your READY for another.  Then - go to the shelters
with PROOF that you can do it.  Good luck to you!

**Note for professional flame-throwers" - please visit me separately, at
my email addy if you would care to rip into me**!!

Toodles all

Kim and Her Army of Idiots

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....