From:
Lorraine Lordi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:08:23 -0500
Nicholas has to undergo adrenal surgery this coming Monday 6/21. I know
our ferrets all over have this surgery everyday but my precious little
boy is going under the knife and that's a whole 'nother story.

He has lost no fur at all, but he's terribly itchy and he started
pestering his friend Dweasel's butt constantly. When he had trouble
urinating I rushed him to the vet and started him on Casedex and gave
him another Lupron - this in addition to his yearly early spring
Lupron. After 2 weeks he started urinating freely again, but boy was
he peeing freely. All over the place. Marking his male territory. Since
both of my guys have free roam of the house all the time this was a
chore.

I wanted to be sure that an adrenal tumor was what we were dealing with
so I had an adrenal panel run and yes, it was positive.

My point in writing all this is Nicholas is the joy of my progressively
narrowing life. He's the reason i drag my rheumatoid body out of bed
every morning. 3 years ago I was happily bushhogging my fields on my
John Deere and now I can hardly get myself into my electric wheelchair.
My spine is turning a helix on itself and some strange neuropathy has
rendered my core muscles very weak.

But Nicholas makes me laugh every day. He's not much of a toy guy - all
he wants is me on the other end of that toy. And vise versa. When he's
asleep in my lap, upside down, legs up, his little arms crossed over
his chest and fat tummy exposed all my pain goes away for awhile.

All I want is one little ferret God. Just one little 3.5 lb creature to
come through this surgery and bounce around again to make everything
make sense in the world.

Lorraine in Virginia