From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 19:42:02 -0500
Hi everyone,

I got a call a few days ago from the Animal Control people.  One of their
workers found a ferret here in Huntsville, Alabama.  When I got the call the
ferret had been in the shelter for four days.  They only keep animals for
five days.  The owner had not made any attempt to contact the shelter, but
one worker there didn't want to see the ferret put down.  She called me and
now I have another ferret.  This makes four!  Unfortunately, I can't take
another one right now.  If there is anyone in Huntsville who can tell me
where the ferret was lost, what it looks like, any distinguishing markings,
etc., I'd be happy to return it.

I called the Montgomery Zoo and told them that if the owner doesn't contact
me, I'd donate this ferret to them to help replace the ones lost in the
recent fire.  I was told that it would be about two weeks before they would
have the facilities to house the reptiles, birds and ferrets that were
killed...so...if this is your ferret, please contact me.

Thanks,
  Mark Zmyewski
  Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space
  Huntsville, Alabama