From:
Jennifer Place <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 16:04:16 -0400
Hello to all fellow fuzzybutt lovers.  This is my first submission to the
FML.  I have two of my own fuzzies, Jerry Only and Doyle (named after my
boyfriend and I's two favorite members of the Misfits), and am extremely
tempted to get more.  The two that I have I got from a shelter in Northern
New Jersey from a man named Dave Revere.  He ran a shelter but has since
moved.  I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding ferret
shelters or places where ferret related merchandise is sold.  I refuse to
purchase an animal from a pet store, as they are horribly overpriced and
would rather take in an older ferret that needs a home.  Anyone with
information, please advise.

I also had a question.  Doyle is losing a bit of hair on his tail.  I have
been watching to see if it spread, but for the last month it hasn't.  And
he does itch at it, though I have inspected his fur and ears and does not
have fleas or mites.  Is it possible that his skin is just irritated?  I
don't think I could handle it if he had tumors, we almost lost Jerry two
weeks after we got him, a moron friend of ours who owned six very sickly
ferrets gave him alcohol while my boyfriend and I weren't around, and it
destroyed part of his liver.  He was in the animal hospital for five days
and we were told to have him put down.  The day we were going to have him
put to sleep, I got a call from the vet who told me that miraculously, he
had improved 110% overnight and thankfully, we got our baby back.

Best of luck to all of you with sick fuzzies!