From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:20:22 -0500
Bill- Thanks for the clarifications on Mortimer's color.  After subjecting
him to some close scrutiny in good sunlight, I've decided that he's a
regular old true sable with some of what you call roaning on his back.  I
think he's had that all winter, and it just became obvious when most of his
undercoat fell out.  I also think it's fading.  He seems to want to look
like his brother Sebastian.  I need to get pictures of these guys on my web
page.  I forgot to mention...they're Really Cute.

FLO origins: One day someone named John posted the following, "Does anyone
know where my keys are?" There had been quite a bit of talk about ferrets
stealing computer parts and things up to that point, so I posted something
along the lines of "The FLO has siezed your keys, they are sorry for the
loss of blah blah blah, but it's necessary for the cause." It's really
caught on, and I don't have time to read all of the FLO posts anymore, but I
have to agree many of them are amazingly clever.  I don't remember who
invented the FDI.  I think some of the more active current agents discovered
them and instigated offensive activities toward them.  Ferretman has also
helped promote the FLO quite a bit.  Where is he lately?  I almost fell out
of my chair laughing when I read his first post about rescuing some
Electronic equipment in a warehouse from theives.  I'm snickering again.
*laughlaughlaugh*

FLO report from remiss agents Sebastian 00X41 and Mortimer 0121A33:

Our surveillance activities have revealed the presence of possible FDI
infiltrators in Downstairsland.  Agent Mortimer made an illicit foray into
that area to investigate rumors of tanks containing the suspect agents.  He
investigated one small tank thoroughly before he was removed, but found no
sign of life inside, though it was full of water.  Thank God for brave souls
like agent Mortimer.  0121A33 believes that the FDI agents live in larger
tanks nearby that are also full of water.  I pointed out clause 483a of FLO
Doctrine for him: "No Living Being Can Survive in Water." Anyway, we have
discovered the handles for these agents and would like any information you
have on them.  They are Neolamprologus brichardi daffodil, Julidochromis
transcriptus, Neolamprologus caudopunctatis, Cyprichromis leptosoma, and
Botia something.  Most of these enemy FDI agents come from an outpost called
Tanganyika.  How can we locate their bases in Downstairsland and repel them?

End transmission

Oh, I wanted to add another chapter to the Ferrets and Babies discussion.
Yesterday a friend of mine brought her 10 week old son over to my house.  As
soon as she arrived, she needed to feed the baby, so I directed her
upstairs.  Remembering that it was a ferret zone, I went to check on her.
Both ferrets came out when they heard the baby making its baby noises (among
these were coos, squeaks, squalls, screams, gurgles, growls, etc., etc.) I
was gratified to see that they showed no aggression towards baby or mother.
In fact, they were fascinated with the diaper bag.  Why am I not surprised?

Training husbands:  Whenever my hubby leaves his pants on the floor, the
fuzzits relieve him of wallet and keys.  Way to go mustelids!  Of course,
I needed some training too...

That's all,
Catherine Shaffer

P.S.  I don't think I'll be cultivating a colony of subhumans very soon
myself.  How do parents manage to be so patient and kind with their
demanding little ones?  Argh!