From:
"James L. Myers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:57:44 -0700
It has been mentioned on this list in the past that it is
okay to feed our little fuzzies chicken or turkey baby food
in the number two jar. I saw a show on television today
about safety in food etc......and there was a lady on there
that said NOT to feed cat's (she didn't mention ferrets of
course) baby food due to the "onion powder" that is included
in the ingredients. I looked on the jar of baby food I have
purchased and fed my "fuzzy kids" in the past and, sure
enough, it listed "onion powder" and also " extractives of
celery". Is this OKAY to continue giving to my ferts????
I usually give them about a tablespoon every other day
because they just love it. Of course, they get their
Totally Ferret, and Iams Kitten as their main diet but
this baby food is such a "treat" to them.

I will appreciate an answer from one of the wonderful
vets that help us out on this great FML!!!! Someone in the
past mentioned Beachnut baby food, but I can't seem to find
it in my area. They said this was the best brand to give
them and it is probably cause it does not contain the
onion powder.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this question.

TNT

Jeri Myers and Her "Fun Bunch"
Chloe, Beavis, Bubba and Kodee Possum
"AWWW GEE MOM, Don't take our baby food away from us!!!"