From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:06:35 EDT
>I am looking at a house right now that I am seriously considering buying.
>It has beautiful hardwood floors throughout, that appear to have just
>been refinished.  As we would obviously be taking our beloved fuzzies
>with us, I am seeking any and all thoughts on protecting the floors
>from the inevitable litter box misses.  In our apartment I have carpet
>protectors in some of their favorite areas, but I obviously cannot nail
>those into these floors.  Help!  Any thoughts or suggestions would be
>GREATLY appreciated!
>
>Lisa Olscamp

Hi Lisa ~

I live in a big drafty farmhouse with hardwood floors.  Through the years
our oriental carpets have gotten old.  The ferrets are in my office with
me, and I just put a large tarp down on top of that carpet.  That allows
me to see some floor, yet be warm with the carpet too.  Hardwood floors
are lovely but cold in the winter, so some kind of area-scatter rug will
be welcome if you get winter where you live.  I also let the ferrets ride
around on beachtowels on the hardwood.  Buffs them up nicely (the floors
that is).

Little Calvin is fitting in nicely.  Miss Jazzie's curiosity got the
better of her and after a day spent sniffing at his cage she dooked and
let me know it was time for them to meet.  Now after a day and a half
they are playing, very tentatively.  Calvin's appetite has picked up a
lot and he still retreats to his own cage, and Jazz is a bit territorial,
but they are each lovely creatures.  Last night with the shooting of
Linda Franklin just a few minutes from my sister's house, everyone here
in the Virginia-Maryland area is spooked.  My little guys brought a smile
to me last night as we were watching the news.  What a gift they are!

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist
The Conley Farm - organic herbs