From:
"Kim L. Adkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:33:48 -0800
Hello all!
I've just started subscribing to this group, and thought I might interject
a bit about my own fuzzy experience!

Currently, I only own one fuzzy, my baby boy, my pride and joy, Jerry.
We've been together happily for three years now with no major problems
besides a recurring skin allergy to an unknown allergen (anybody got ideas
on this?).  He's a big big boy with sable markings and I love him very very
very much.

I brought home his sister, Scarlet, about a year ago.  She was my first
kit, as Jerry was 1yr when I got him.  She was much more curious than
Jerry's ever been, and in need of constant supervision.  Albino with red
eyes, she was without a doubt the cutest thing I've ever seen and I loved
her also very very much.  I'll make this short - when she was only 6mo.
old, so very young, she was met with an all too early death by dishwasher.
I keep a picture of her above Jerry's cage and beat myself up daily for my
inattention on that horrible day.  My friends, who knew Scarlet but were
not fuzzy-lovers themselves, continually told me that it was not my fault,
not to feel bad, etc...but it was my negligence that killed her.  I shut
her in a dishwasher and turned it on.  I still cry even to think of it.
So, as you might guess, I've decided to steer clear of kits for a long long
while.

Jerry has had other playmates over the years.  Stimy, Allie, and Stripe
were guests in our home for a few months while their owner was going
through a rough time and unable to give them proper attention.  Stripe died
while she was with me, old and suffering from skin cancer, she was thin and
bald.  (We fondly referred to stripe as the walking penis) :0) I loved all
of our guests dearly, and Allie and Stimy are now happily back at home.

Well, that's me and my babies in a nutshell!  I've really enjoyed reading
postings over the past few days and have already learned a lot.  I'm
looking forward to talking with you all in the future!

    Kisses to all!
     -Kim Adkins