From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:13:23 -0800
Ferrets like people have a food preference.  Have five ferrets and after
watching them explore treats, it's amazing to see them pick their likes.
Purchased L&M Chicken and Chicken/Cheese combined.  Held chicken in one
hand, Chicken/Cheese in the other.  Hands open, five ferrets came to
inspect and make a selection.  They smelled, pushed at the hand of Chicken,
no takers yet.  Five decided the next hand needed inspection.  This hand
held Chicken and Cheese.  To my surprise, each took a piece, ignoring the
Chicken only.

Ever notice ferrets going thru a treat dish with no fight over the same
nugget.  Each ferret has their own likes and dislikes, same as people.
Over a length of time, I now have treats in different pockets, since I know
their preference.  Looking down to a nug on my leg, I know what pocket
belongs to a begger below.  Nothing but the Best for my Special Fuzzybutts.

Debbie