Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:18:31 -0700
Charleen writes that she knows of only 2 other ferret shelters in
Washington state.  Possibly the many, many, many ferrets that she owns
(in the 30's at last count) have stolen her brain cells and hidden them
under the couch.  LOL

The Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House currently has more ferrets
than any other species.  As of today we have 54 ferrets looking for a
permanent home.  I can't tell you about the the rainbow of colors that
Charleen lists as an important feature.  I can describe their little
faces looking up expectantly for attention.  Our ferrets are sweet,
devilish, shy, sneaky, adorable, cuddly, standoffish, bitey, licky and/or
kissy and so are the ferrets at the Washington Ferret Shelter (run by a
good friend of mine.)

Just as the color of my human friends hair is unimportant to us, so is
the color of the hair of our ferret friends.  We get to know their
personalities, their requirements for their human companions and their
requirements for their ferret companions.  Many have been discarded
because they are now middle aged and older and perhaps not as much "fun"
as they were when purchased from a store as a baby ferret.  Some are
young and energetic and full of the dickens.

If you're looking for a ferret in Washington state, there are *numerous*
shelters here and I'm sure you'll find the perfect ferret friend at one
of our shelters. :-)

>Also, if someone in the Kirkland, Wa area has lost a ferret please
>contact the shelter, we may just have your ferret at the shelter. Today
>a beautiful little girl was found in the Kirkland area.

People taking in stray ferrets must report them to the animal control
agency where the ferret was found.  I'm sure that most ferret rescues do
this, but since it wasn't mentioned....don't forget to do so.  Anyone
looking for a lost ferret would probably look first to their city/county
animal control agency.

Sandi :-)

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org