From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:59:04 EST
Dear FMLers.

I found a movie with a ferret in it.  OK so the movie isn't for childern
as the language is par for East LA where the film was shot.  It is a
very, very, very, low budget film

It is a comedy and funny in parts as well but the shots of the ferrets
are great.  The ferret's name is Weezo and he gets his own billing in the
movie credits.  There is a part where one of the "bad brothers" called
another guy a "weasel" and the fret looks at him like..."Hey buddy watch
who you're calling a weasel!!"  It is kinda camp and like I said not for
childern but it is worth the 4 bucks ($3.99) for the Film in the old VHS
format.  It is called "Suckers" and I found 4 copies of it at our local
Big Lots Bargain Store.  It is by the not so famous Sativia brothers out
of LA.  But like I said Weezo is cute and who can resist a cute fret??
OK So I give it about 1 1/2 stars on the ol/ Fred Movie scale but hey I
kinda liked it..but again it may have been just because it had a ferret
in it too!!!  Also I understand that the same store chain has otter
gazing globes as well but I have found the frog, the fairy, the dog,
cat and even a butterfly one but no otters..yet.  I'll keep looking
tho...LOL.

on a much sadder note, our old JJ isn't doing too well.  He has numberous
masses in his abdomen and it isn't looking good for him.  He is 8 Y.O.
now and he wouldn't survive surgery even if it could help him.  I will
probably have to take him in soon and help him over the bridge.  This
is the thing I hate about having ferrets.  The only thing about them I
hate, but it is part and parcel to having ferrets.  You have to do whats
right FOR THEM... That is the hardest thing.  Please keep him in your
prayers and good thoughts.  He is a big sweet chocolate boy and he is
the last of the big boys I have left.

I think I am going to wind down my rescue as well.  We have a couple of
very good shelters here in this area and with my health issues still in
the fore, I have had to slow down lots to compensate.  Time will tell but
I just don't have the strength or energy right now, to do what I used to
be able to do.

Best Regards
Fred Hurd
Reno, Nevada