Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:22:35 -0800
Greetings folks of the FML!

As you all may know, Cindy & Tom Scheidt (makers of the Tower of
Fun ferret toy) have been hit hard by the H1N1 virus. Their entire
shelter/hospice has been crippled by this outbreak. The Small Animal
Channel has done a wonderful write up. View it here:

Click here:
The Villa Ferret Shelter Battles An Outbreak Of H1N1 Flu,
SmallAnimalChannel.com

[Moderator's note: The name of the fundraiser is actually "The
Ferret Villa Shelter Fundraiser" but the Small Animal Channel still
might have it listed as the "Villa Ferret Shelter". Also, here's what
seems to be a direct link
<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/critter-news/2011/03/04/the-villa-ferret-shelter-battles-an-outbreak-of-h1n1-flu.aspx>
since it probably won't be on the front page for long. BIG]

The Scheidt's are kind and giving souls, and I'm sure you've seen
their Tower of Fun or Hills and Dales offered in many different
fundraiser/raffles, including those from SOS and other shelters.

Although all of their shelter and personal ferrets were infected, they
did lose only one. Their precious baby, Apollo, unfortunately, passed
after just one day. Since then, it's been a daily struggle to keep the
rest of their herd alive.. Their vet bill was $7,500.00 last week, just
for the flu charges...the secondary infections are still rampant..

We are having a large fundraiser, launching RIGHT NOW!

We have some fantastic prizes - including a Tower of Fun from Tom
and Cindy Scheidt, several stunning figurines from Eleanor Mead,
gift certificates from Ferret Depot, WalMart, Martin's Cages,and a
certificate toward your vet expenses. We have bedding from several
wonderful ferret bedding experts, ferret toys, and a ton of non-ferret
related items as well. Something for all ferrants and hoomans alike!
An added bonus, for the person who buys the most tickets, they will
receive 2 free admissions to Rocky's FerretStock taking place on June
18, 2011, along with a free t-shirt. courtesy of Barb Clay at Rocky's
Ferret Retreat.

Here's the link to the fundraiser website:
http://www.villaferretsfundraiser.com/
Please feel free to email us with any
questions/comments/suggestions/praise
(we love those) at

Thanks so much for reading...hoping to send you an email saying
You've won!"

Sincerely, Angela Havens Tara Radford Julie Johnson Debby Osborn
Co-coordinators for the Ferret Villa Shelter/Hospice Fundraiser