Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 20:40:14 -0400
You know what is absolutely insane?

I have been "away" and haven't read an FML in two weeks. I was working
and I had to check the MF website for one reason or another regarding
ferrets. Thats when I came across the new site and staff. When I wrote
the post to the FML about Marshall Farms and the contraversy regarding
them as well as other large scale farms, I had no clue whatsoever that
any topic about Kathy Jordan was being discussed. Imagine my shock when
I checked the FML the next day to see if my post had gone through and
found all of the scuttlebutt. Because folks, this is just poetic. The
timing was uncanny, because never has my point ever been so wonderfully
illustrated as right now.

I just finished writing a story for Ferrets U.S.A. magazine about
ferrets and their issues regarding countries around the world. Let me
tell you something. They all battle unscrupulous backyard breeders
small and large. Since keeping pet ferrets has just taken the world by
storm in recent years, they are going through the all ills that we have
with pet ferrets, pet stores and breeders in the last fifty or so years
in just a few. Some of those places should "wish" they could have
something like Marshalls compared to what they are currently going
through with disgusting types of mills turning out ferrets and places
like Doug McKays all over the place. Luckily for Europe, most ferrets
come from responsible private ferrets. But that is changing. I hope,
that instead of fighting things like we have, they work with any large
scale farms that may appear to meet the demand so they have some sort
of control on what kind of animals are bred, when they are weaned, if
they are neutered and descented, how they are shipped and how they are
treated. The alternative is to have backyard breeders and nightmarish
mills.

Wolfy