From:
Deborah Cavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:03:55 EDT
I'm basically just a lurker, have been "skipping" over alot lately, but
have learned much thru all of you here, now am in need of help.

I have a petite cinnamon, (1 of 3 total) summer weight is normally 1.2 ,
she tops out at 1.4 in winter, I have noticed her slowly ballooning, and
last few weeks has been speed bumping,does not play as agressively or for
as long as before marked weight gain, vet thought amoxi was a good idea
1 week ago, weighed in at 1.8, has not lost any weight, returned to vet,
had an xray, and we are now suspicious of cardiomyopathy, we have began
the laxics (sp) stopped the amoxi, but now 1 of the other has had a
barking cough since 4 this a.m., We have in the midst of this fleas,
which we used advantage on the 3, sprayed enviro from the vet, washed
all bedding, vacuumed, and now am suspecting something viral?????  The
3rd, has not seemed to slim down at all,has the enlarged adomen, raspy
breathing, none seem to be lethargic, they are grieving loss of one last
week which is quite understandable, but there is no way that 3 can be
having symtoms of heart problems all at the same time, these 3 are close
in age, near as I can figure they are just 3.5 years each.  I apologize
for this being so long, but wanted to be as detailed as much as possible
for better accuracy.

I remember reading before of someone's ferrets dying 1 by 1, due to an
attached apartment being cleaned, or sprayed with something, the fumes
seeped into her apartment thru window, does anyone else remember this?  I
am stabbing in the dark here, if anyone can help please do?????