From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:29:51 EDT
When my Fred was sick with cardiomyopathy, I didn't actually give him the
Lasix *voluntarily*; I just used a needleless syringe and shot it down his
throat.  Actually, I shot it from one side of the mouth to the *side* of the
back of the mouth, so that it would (hopefully) run down his throat, rather
than accidentally being inhaled into his lungs.  My guys aren't willing to
take many medications voluntarily, except for Pepto-Bismol.  (Yah, they're
weird! ;->)  They won't even take the colloidal silver that I use (which
basically tastes only like water!) voluntarily.  I just scruff them, try to
get it to run down the throat, and then stroke and praise them lavishly for
having taken it.  They get really p*ssed off at me for having done this ...
but hey ... they get better!  ;->

I've never used Nu-Salt as a potassium substitute, so I couldn't tell you
how much to use ... sorry!  My best recommendation would be to look in a
nutrition book, or on a nutrition Website, for foods that contain potassium,
and try one of those instead.  Banana has a lot of potassium, and my ferrets
will eat it voluntarily.  I believe Pedialyte has potassium in it too, I
think (not quite sure about that ...).

Good luck to Stinka; feel better soon!

- Ela