From:
Carrie Renshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:15:07 -0600
Hi everyone, Thank you for your helpful and concerned e-mails.  I will get
back to each and everyone of you within the next couple of days.  I just
wanted to update everyone on Sydnie.

I left work early on Friday and went to a pet shop and bought a little
bottle and some premixed kitten formula (Soy).  I went home and fed my
little darlin' and she went crazy with the bottle.  I fed her with that
every few hours and watched the strength go back into her little body.
Once she starting eating the formula, she began to be much more playful.
At night when I went to bed, I fed her her bottle and then I left her some
kibble in her dish.  To my surprise in the morning she had eaten a little,
but still wanted her bottle.  I then tried to moisten her kibble with the
formula.  She started to eat a little more.  You wouldn't believe how
gentle she is.  She gives fert's kisses, and doesn't bite.  She follows me
around and also sleeps in my housecoat (when I'm wearing it!).

The next little problem is I found a nodule of sorts in her neck.  To the
feel, it's probably the size of a pea with a cord attached to it.  I took
her to the Pet Shop and they are taking her to the vets today.  I just
pray it isn't anything serious.  It is amazing how fast you bond and start
loving these little babies.  I am sure Sydnie now thinks that I am her
mommy.

Again thank you everyone for your encouragement and thoughtfulness, I will
keep you updated on this thingie in her neck.  When I touch it, it doesn't
seem to bother her.  I can't wait to get her home again.

Warm regards,
Carrie