From:
Lyal Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 20:28:20 -0400
I am posting the following on behalf of Richard Stephens  Richard asked
me to pass this along to the FML. He has no internet service at this
time.

FERRETS AND SNAKES

I have always wondered about the question some people would ask me.
As to whether this breed of ferrets kills snakes???? I knew that the
mongoose did, but that was it. A friend of mine in CALIFORNIA Which
I used to drive a truck with, said to me a week ago. His ferrets had
killed 2 snakes, in their home. The first was a bull snake that was
under the 5-year olds bed. They noticed the ferrets getting very
excited and they were let out. There was a rush for the bedroom and a
scuffle. The male ferret grabbed the head of the snake And the female
ferret bit it off at the neck.

2 days later the ferrets got excited again. So they opened the cage.
The male ferret bolted for the 5-year olds bedroom. Attacking, a full
grown rattle snake again. The male ferret grabbed the head of the snake
And bit down piercing the brain.

Animal control was called To collect the snakes they in turn called
fish & game!!!! Upon discovering these ferrets SAVED the life of a 5
year old child. They said there is no way they can confiscate these
ferrets and "The ferrets will receive a life saving award And the
family will be issued a special permit that will allow them to keep
the ferrets"

Amazing isn't it!!!!

Richard Stephens and the Sapiens (Sandy, Sam, Sidney, & Mareta)

On a personal note: Richard Stephens has been a long time FMLer.
Richard is a friend of mine, whom I met through the FML and we have
been friends for years. Richard lives in the state of Washington and
I live in the state of Michigan.

Richard is going through a very very difficult time right now. I know
personally what he is going through, as I have been there. He is
fighting for his disability in the state of Washington, This takes
approximately 2 years or better and is having a very hard time to make
ends meet.

He is very concerned for the welfare of his ferrets. He was thinking
about giving his ferrets to a rescue, but I talked him out of it.
Ferrets do bring happiness and are a great source of therapy.

If there is any way you can send a card of encouragement to him, While
he is going through this very difficult time in his life, I know he
would greatly appreciate it. Also, he really needs help for the welfare
of his ferrets, Such as food, bedding, ferretone, laxatone, ferretvite,
nutri-cal, ferret treats, litter etc.

He would really appreciate anything as Richard is a very concerned
daddy about losing his ferrets.

His address is:

Richard Stephens and the Sapiens
(Sandy, Sam, Sidney, & Mareta)